The pinnacle of achievement for any member of the Canadian Public Relations Society is ascending to the College of Fellows. With at least 20 years of professional experience and at least 10 years of Society involvement, members of the College of Fellows (FCPRS) have shown themselves to not only to be leaders in the public relations profession, but also have demonstrated outstanding leadership in CPRS.
Successful Fellows devote their time and undertake tasks that advance the state of public relations in Canada, including mentoring others, speaking and writing about the value of effective public relations, or being involved in other College initiatives.
Characteristics of a potential Fellow:
- CPRS member for at least 10 years with demonstrated leadership within the Society
- Accredited member in good standing who actively participates in the Accreditation Maintenance program
- A role model to fellow practitioners whose ethics, values and behaviour are consistent and unassailable
- Contributes to the upholding the status of public relations through leadership in professional programs
- Advances the awareness of public relations through abstracts, articles, lectures, speeches, workshops, etc.
Watch this College of Fellows information session
, courtesy of CPRS Hamilton, to learn more about why you should submit!
If you have what it takes to join the College of Fellows, apply
to be inducted this year. To help you be successful in applying to the College of Fellows, the College has prepared a Self-Assessment Tool
to help you get ready! Here is the submission template
for the College of Fellows.
Click here to read the requirements of the letters of reference
that must be submitted with your application.
Applications must be submitted to the National Office on or before September 23, 2022