The cost of applying for your APR® designation is $595.00 CAD +HST. Payment must be submitted and received at the National Office on or before Dec. 1* of each year.
*Note that timeline changes have been made that affect the 2022 APR Cohort. These timelines will have been communicated directly by the CPRS National Office.
Aside from the payment due date, there are many other important dates APR applicants will want to remember throughout the year:
SEPTEMBER - NOVEMBER
• Member Societies hold information sessions. • Information webinar for candidates.
• Application and fee due at National office.
· Work sample overview and resume due at National office.
• Verification of applications, references, resumes and work sample overviews.
• Candidates notified of eligibility.
• Candidates who wish to re-enter submit a letter of confirmation.
• Work sample due.
• Work samples sent to grader panels.
• Chief Examiner notifies candidates of work sample results.
JUNE - SEPTEMBER
• Candidates prepare for exams.
AUGUST - SEPTEMBER
• Examination locations confirmed.
• Written and oral examinations.
• Candidates notified of results.
• Announcement of successful APRs by CPRS National Office.
• Presentation of certificates and pins to the successful candidates at the National conference or local society event.
*Please note: When one of the above dates falls on a holiday, it will be moved to the following business day.
For detailed program information, see the Accreditation Handbook.
For detailed guidance on putting together your work sample – please view the Academic, Educator or Regular Stream Work Sample Guidance Docs:
When you’re ready to take on the challenge, start your Accreditation journey here.