This month, local societies across the country are celebrating Membership Month, the crown jewel of our annual recruitment efforts, which we use to foster continued growth and diversity within the Society. So, over the next few weeks, you’ll be reminded of all the great reasons to make yourself #CPRSproud this year.
The cornerstone of those reasons being of course our national conference. We’ve moved this year’s event to the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, June 16-18,
so we hope to still see all of you in Edmonton. It’ll be worth the trip because Evolving Expectations 2019 will have a fantastic lineup of keynote
. So if you join CPRS during Membership Month, do it by the March 15 Early Bird deadline
to be able to save $225 on your registration.
Besides registration, you can also save this month thanks to our other member-exclusive offers. Members save almost fifty per cent on Awards of Excellence entries,
which are due tomorrow, and can even win a free conference pass with the Member Referral contest
. Finally, new members automatically receive free subscriptions to PRSA’s Strategy and Tactics magazine, which amounts to an almost $100 savings!
But, as much as we all love saving money, that’s just the start of the benefits and opportunities that come with your membership. So, in spirit of Membership Month, I’d like to dig a little deeper and discuss the other reasons to put joining CPRS
at the top of your March to-do list.
I could easily spout off a laundry list of reasons, but it really boils down to four main areas in which the letters CPRS will help you spell success:
- Connect with more than 1,500 like-minded, forward-thinking communicators, both in person and online, by attending our PD and networking events. You can also log in to cprs.ca, complete your MYCPRS profile and then start reaching out to other members across the country either with the CPRS Connect forum or the online member directory.
- Practice existing skills and pick up a few more by taking advantage of cutting-edge content within our online learning archives. Throughout the years, we’ve gathered an impressive collection that offers professional development and educational opportunities for all members. No matter which sector or career stage you’re in, there’s always more to know, so visit cprs.ca/learn as soon as your membership is active and let the learning begin!
- Reach new heights by scoring top marks on the PRK exam, taking your skills to the next level by earning your APR and then eventually making the ultimate ascent to join the College of Fellows (FCPRS). Whether new to the field, or a seasoned professional, climbing CPRS’ credential ladder is a great way to up your game and be recognized for all you’ve accomplished while mastering your craft.
- Stand up against unethical communication practices by pledging your commitment to following and advocating for our Code of Professional Standards. These nine principles were first incorporated into our constitution in 1961, and for the last 58 years have helped thousands of professional communicators practice with the highest standards, thereby elevating our entire industry.
Of course, that’s just the beginning of what being #CPRSproud can do for you and your career.
But don’t just take my word for it, here’s a sample of what our members across the country have to say:
- Every major leap in my career has CPRS’s fingerprints all over it. If you are a PR/Communications professional, join the profession’s society. ~ John Kageorge, APR - CPRS Vancouver
- I am #CPRSProud! [CPRS] is an incredible way to build connections with other communicators and expand your skills. Join today! ~ Emily Marroquin - CPRS Vancouver
- I joined @CPRSNational to stay current in the #PR field, but the networking opportunities have proven to be a tremendous benefit. Plus I have a national network of experts for testing ideas and debating trends. Join now for extra perks! ~ Celia Sollows, APR - CPRS Vancouver Island
- Membership Month has arrived! Expand your network of colleagues and learn from the pros - just one of the reasons why I became @CPRSNational member 12 years ago! ~ Natalie Tomczak - CPRS Regina
So, what are you waiting for?! Find out for yourself by contacting a local or national membership representative and start your membership today.
Happy Membership Month!
Dana Dean APR, FCPRS LM