Become a Partner
Apply for Membership
Mid-Level and Senior Practitioners
Code of Professional Standards
Fake News Primer
International Declaration of Communication Professionals and Researchers for a Better World
Bill Rees Learning Centre
New Practitioner (1-5 years)
Mid-Level Practitioner (5-20 years)
Sr. Practitioner (20+ years)
CPRS Coffee Chats
Cultivate - CPRS National Conference
Awards of Excellence
Major and Special Awards
Student Awards and Scholarships
This section contains listings of openings in firms, both full time and part time. The listings themselves have been submitted by companies who have placed them on the CPRS site for a fee.
Post a job
Back To Search Results
Executive Communications Officer
Thompson Rivers University
Reporting to the AVP, Marketing and Communications (MarCom) and working closely with the Associate Director, Strategic Communications and the President's office, the Executive Communications Officer (ECO) is responsible for formal internal and external communications for the President and Vice-Chancellor of Thompson Rivers University (TRU).
The incumbent works directly with and provides dedicated, proactive strategic Communications support to the President. Additionally, support is provided to other members of the TRU Executive team as required. The ECO is a strategic thinker and advisor whose work aligns with and strengthens the overall Strategic Communications Plan for TRU, in order to advance the relationships, reputation and profile of the university amongst its key stakeholders.
The ECO is responsible for a broad range of Communications initiatives for the President, and exercises overall responsibility for the President's profile. The incumbent adapts to the style, preferences and "voice" of each individual in the role. Communications work would typically include some or all of the following: annual Communications plan; institution-wide internal messages; speeches, remarks, and presentations for internal and external events; videos and social media posts; public writing such as blogs, institutional website messages and Op Eds; messages in public-facing institutional publications and reports; and internal reports to institutional governance bodies such as the Board of Governors and Senate.
As a member of the MarCom team, the incumbent will work with colleagues to access resources and expertise in creative services and digital production to support and advance Executive Communications plans and initiatives.
• Works closely with the President and in alignment with the institutional Strategic Communications Plan, proactively anticipates and addresses Communications needs.
• Creates and implements an annual Communications Plan in support of the President.
• Provides strategic Communications counsel to the President and other members of the Executive as required.
• Prepares the President for internal and external speaking engagements, including writing or providing oversight of speeches, remarks, and presentations.
• Prepares or provides oversight of institutional-wide internal messages from the President.
• Prepares and manages the President's public-facing writing and digital content including social media posts, blogs, videos, messages for TRU's website, and Op Eds.
• Prepares the President's reports to the Board of Governors, Senate, and other internal governance bodies at TRU.
• Prepares or provides oversight of the President's messages in institutional publications and reports.
• Liaises as necessary with the AVP, MarCom or the Associate Director of Strategic Communications on the President's media interviews.
• Manages the President's bios, photos, and website content.
Associate Vice-President, Marketing and Communications
• A Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent in education and experience.
• A minimum of 10 years' experience working in a complex and multi-faceted organization, and progressively in a leadership capacity that included frequent interaction with and direct Communications support for senior leaders, ideally at the CEO level.
• Proven track record of tact, discretion and understanding of the confidential nature of working at the executive level.
• Public sector experience an asset, particularly in post-secondary education.
• Senior experience in proactive and responsive strategic communications planning, implementation and oversight supported by strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
• A proven track record in working effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
• Strong ability to take initiative and take independent action.
• Ability to work independently, and within different teams.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/r7Da5QCzObk7Ik1aszE6Z
How To Apply
Back To Search Results
Contact For This Position
Thompson Rivers University
Kamloops BC V2C 0C8
Job Level & Type
Listing To Be Posted Until
July 02, 2021
Apply on company website