New Practitioner (1-5 years)
Mid-Level Practitioner (5-20 years)
Sr. Practitioner (20+ years)
Awards of Excellence
Major and Special Awards
Student Awards and Scholarships
This section contains listings of openings in firms, both full time and part time. The listings themselves have been submitted by companies who have placed them on the CPRS site for a fee.
Post a job
Back To Search Results
Manager of Engagement
City of Victoria
Victoria is a vibrant, richly diverse and sustainably-focused city, renowned as a globally recognized tourist destination hosting over 3.5 million visitors annually and a place with an enviable quality of life for its residents. Located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island and the capital of British Columbia, Victoria is home to over 80,000 people and is the economic and cultural centre for the Capital Region’s 350,000 residents.
The City of Victoria is recruiting for a Manager - Engagement, in the Engagement Department. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starting individual, with exceptional engagement and communications abilities combined with progressive managerial experience gained in complex professional organizations. He/she will have exemplary written and verbal communication skills, and will be a consummate team player, seamlessly integrating within the City’s unique and highly collaborative team environment.
This individual will be a highly professional, natural leader and relationship-builder committed to fostering a culture of engagement with all internal and external stakeholders.
Under the direction of the Director of Engagement, effectively manage the City’s public participation and communications activities to engage and empower the community.
Lead and manage a team of engagement professionals in a unionized environment to develop, implement and evaluate strategic engagement and communication plans to support City projects within the community and within the organization; prepare reports and make recommendations to senior management.
Assist the Director in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives, and deliver on the City’s engagement commitments through leading by example, and demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, work ethic and values. The Manager – Engagement will:
· Lead and manage a division of engagement staff setting clear objectives, priorities and timelines, and develop the potential of staff to consistently deliver successful outcomes and continuous improvement.
· Manage the delivery of public engagement and communications activities including stakeholder relations, facilitation, research, advertising, marketing and media relations.
· Develop and oversee the implementation of communications to support public engagement activities.
· Be responsible for cooperating and collaborating with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders in order to meet the public participation and communications needs of the City. The candidate will ideally have considerable experience designing and solving challenging engagement issues, employing a highly creative, innovative, and effective approach to design and manage strategic engagement initiatives.
· Work harmoniously with all internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver engagement programs and recommendations of the highest possible value. The individual will professionally represent both the department and the City during liaison with the public and all other government and commercial organizations.
· Assist in the development of public engagement policies and standards based on best practices.
· Support the Director of Engagement with communications during emergencies.
· Lead the Engagement Department in the absence of the Director. Act as City spokesperson, as required.
· Perform other related activities as needed.
· This is an Exempt position
Degree in Communications, Public Participation or Business or related-field (4 years).
5-7 years of progressive responsibility, including supervisory experience.
Experience managing public engagement programs in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
Preferred: IAP2 Accreditation an asset.
How To Apply
All applications, including qualifications and supporting materials, must be submitted online via www.victoria.ca/jobs to City of Victoria, Human Resources Department by 4:30 pm on the closing date, October 23, 2018.
Back To Search Results
Contact For This Position
City of Victoria
Job Level & Type
Listing To Be Posted Until
October 24, 2018
Apply on company website