CPRS Ottawa-Gatineau: COVID-19 and PR – A Critical Moment
November 26, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has been a critical moment for PR. Around the world, public relations professionals have had an essential role to play in providing trusted information, protecting public health and containing the pandemic. Given that this is such a pivotal moment for public relations, the CPRS Ottawa-Gatineau chapter will kick off the 2020-2021 season with a first virtual event: COVID-19 and PR – A Critical Moment.
Join the Ottawa-Gatineau chapter of the Canadian Public Relations Society for a panel discussion that will take a frank and up-to-date look at how our profession is affecting the health of Canadians.
Thursday, November 26, 2020
7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Access to this Zoom event is free for CPRS members and their guests.
- What has the PR profession done well?
- What hasn’t worked?
- Where do we go from here?
The panelists will include leading experts on the front lines of communicating with Canadians about the pandemic, including:
- Jay Innes, Director of Communication with the Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre
- Dr. Jeff Wilson, Epidemiologist and President of Novometrix Research, which is spearheading the Canadian COVID Collaboration
- Sara MacKenzie, Director General, Strategic Communications and Pandemic Communications Response Team at Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada
- Julie Ireton, Senior Reporter, CBC News
This event is free of charge and to help promote the CPRS and this chapter, I encourage you to share the invitation with your contacts.
Please note that this event will be held only in English. We are committed to serving our community in both official languages you can rest assured that bilingual and French events will be part of the programming in the coming months.
To follow us