Toronto Welcomes the World for the Ninth World PR Forum
The who's who of Communications and PR professionals from around the world will gather in Canada's most multicultural city to discuss Communication Across Cultures.
TORONTO - The Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS), in collaboration with the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management (GA)
, will bring the ninth World Public Relations Forum to Toronto May 29-31, for its North American debut, where hundreds of international delegates will meet to discuss the value and importance of effective Communication Across Cultures.
This signature event of the Global Alliance has been a driving force of change in the industry since its inception in 2001 and serves as a significant opportunity for participants to network and exchange knowledge with top public relations practitioners from around the world.
Members of the media are invited to participate in the WPRF and will have the opportunity to interview Forum speakers in a dedicated media room.
A Quality Program with Exceptional Speakers
For the 2016 World PR Forum, the CPRS and GA have assembled an outstanding group of speakers, including seven special guests who will present keynote speeches:
The three-day program will also include:
- Mohamed Fahmy, Journalist, Author and Adjunct Professor, University of British Columbia – Canada
- Dr. Julie Lyn Hall, Head of Health, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies – Switzerland
- Jim Macnamara, PhD, FAMEC, FAMI, CPM, Professor of Public Communication, University of Technology Sydney - Australia
- Janet Morgan, MCIPR, Independent Consultant, formerly Director, Global Content Strategy and Planning, GlaxoSmithKline – United Kingdom
- David Shing, Digital Prophet, AOL – United States
- Marianne D. Sison, PhD, Sr. Lecturer, School of Media and Communications, RMIT University Melbourne – Australia
- Paulo Henrique Soares, Director, Corporate Communications, Vale S.A. – Brazil
- More than 20 parallel workshop and panel sessions covering a variety of topics surrounding the Forum's theme – Communication Across Cultures;
- The Diana and Charles Tisdall CEO Panel, featuring the Canadian CEOs of McDonald's, Ford Motor Company and the Toronto International Film Festival discussing challenges and rewards associated with being part of larger international brands;
- Six research panels composed of practitioners and academics sharing findings from major international studies in the field of communications;
- A panel representing indigenous communities from around the world, discussing the importance of inclusion and understanding of marginalized peoples when engaging international audiences.
To see the Forum's complete program, view the full downloadable schedule
Meet Your WPRF Master of Ceremonies
This year's WPRF MC will be Canadian television personality, and proud CPRS Member, Catherine Clark
. A respected Canadian broadcaster and long-time fixture on national television, Clark is the perfect choice to host the Forum.
Three Evening Events Celebrating our Delegates and Host City
The WPRF Breaks the Ice.
Delegates will bump elbows at Toronto's iconic Hockey Hall of Fame, while perusing the world's largest collection of hockey memorabilia, including the Stanley Cup.
Embarking on #NewRelationShips.
Delegates will swap dress shoes for deck shoes and celebrate #NewRelationShips at the Royal Canadian Yacht Club's Island Clubhouse, located on the Toronto Islands.
An Evening of Excellence, Celebrating the Best of Canadian and International Communications.
Closing out the Forum the industry will celebrate in style at a black-tie gala dinner honouring the recipients of both the GA's COMM PRIX and CPRS Awards of Excellence.
Thank You to our Partners for Their Generous Support:
- Marketwired, now part of Nasdaq – Gold Partner: Embarking on #NewRelationShips
- Argyle Public Relationships™ – Silver Partner: Evening of Excellence Awards Gala
- The Canadian Press – Silver Partner: Conference Photography Services and Tuesday Breakfast Keynote, Paulo Henrique Soares
- CNW Group – Silver Partner: Workshop Sessions
- The Eureka.cc – Silver Partner: Tuesday Luncheon Keynote, Dr. Julie Lyn Hall
- Fifth Story – Silver Partner: Sunday Opening Keynote, David Shing
- The McMaster-Syracuse Master of Communications Management (MCM)
- Program – Silver Partner: Diana and Charles Tisdall CEO Panel
- MediaMiser – Silver Partner: Monday Breakfast Keynote, Janet Morgan
- NATIONAL Public Relations – Silver Partner: Monday Luncheon Keynote, Mohamed Fahmy
- Meltwater – Bronze Partner: Health Breaks
- TORCHIA Communications – Bronze Partner
- The Institute of Public Relations – Research Stream Partner
- Andrew Cloutier Design
Founded in 1948, the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is a not-for-profit organization whose members are engaged in the practice, management or teaching of public relations. Members work to maintain the highest standards and to share a uniquely Canadian experience in public relations. CPRS is a federation of over 1,800 members across 14 Member Societies based in major cities or organized province-wide.
About the Global Alliance
The Global Alliance for PR and Communication Management is the confederation of the world's major public relations and communication management associations and institutions, representing 160,000 practitioners and academics around the world. The Global Alliance's mission is to unify the public relations profession, raise professional standards all over the world, share knowledge for the benefit of its members and be the global voice for public relations in the public interest.