Your Entry to Practice
Is the PRK exam for you?
If you are starting your career in public relations and wondering if the PRK exam is for you, you may find it helpful to understand PRK exam learning objectives that are being tested:
- identify commonly understood public relations theories and practices;
- formulate communications strategies and tactics appropriate for a number of described business situations;
- distinguish between correct and incorrect terms and processes typically used in public relations, corporate communications and marketing communications;
- employ appropriate editing skills to create error-free copy;
- clearly and correctly express concepts and arguments in writing;
- analyze a described workplace situation and apply sound judgment in creating an appropriate solution.
The next Public Relations Knowledge (PRK)® exam will take place on Saturday, January 24, 2015
in most major urban centres across Canada. The following date is May 16, 2015
Wednesday, January 21, 2015, midnight PST (subject to availability of exam centre)
*click to enlarge
Consider doing the PRK exam if you have graduated from a PR program in 2013 or will be graduating in 2014, or if you are a junior public relations practitioner.
The PRK Readiness Program is a good tool to prepare for the exam and includes:
- The Study Guide and recommended reading list
- Membership in the online PRK Discussion Forum
- Live webinar to prepare for the exam and ask questions
Congratulations to all who have successfully completed the Public Relations Knowledge (PRK)® Exam!
|Kate Abel | CV
||Leanne Laverick | CV
|Jacquie Lycka | CV
|Jennifer Collins | Bio
Octavio Ulises Martinez
|Michelle Crossland | Bio
||Heather Olynick | CV
|Colleen Dunbar| CV
||Hannah Rose Pratt
|Phil Gaudreau | CV
Maria Kotovych | CV
Brandon Westman | CV
Is the Public Relations Knowledge (PRK)® exam for you?
You should consider writing the exam if you are a:
- graduate (or about to graduate) from a public relations program and want to demonstrate your foundation of public relations knowledge and boost your visibility by posting your CV on the CPRS website
- junior public relations professional motivated to distinguish yourself
- professional who has been working in a public relations or communications position but had not graduated from a public relations study program
Detailed information on the PRK exam is available HERE